1975 – CBL Electronics Ltd is established by John Crutchley, Pete Butcher and Frank Lewis – all ex-Hawker Siddeley employees. Unlike many other CEMs who focussed mainly on PCB assembly, CBL partnered with clients looking for an ‘end-to-end’ electronic or electro-mechanical service often involving a combination of PCBAs, wiring and mechanical elements.
1983 – JJS Electronics Ltd is started by Pete Butcher for his three sons – John, James and Stephen. The company traded from a building located at Ladywood Works, Lutterworth – the same premises that Sir Frank Whittle used to build and test the WU jet engine, back in 1938.
1986 – British Insulated Callender’s Cables (BICC) Group acquires Transmitton Ltd (now part of Siemens) and soon after their CEM provider – CBL Electronics Ltd.
Expansion and consolidation
1987 – JJS moved to a new factory in Oakberry Road, Lutterworth.
1989 – JJS acquires CBL Electronics back from the BICC group. JJS Electronics Ltd now owns premises on Gilmorton Road and Oakberry Road, Lutterworth. The Oakberry Road site is used for PCB production, and the Gilmorton Road site for cable harnesses, along with control cabinet build and panel wiring.
1992 – JJS Electronics received BS 5750-2:1987 accreditation
1997 – JJS moves to Wycliffe Road Industrial Park undertaking a ￡600K refurbishment
1998 – JJS Electronics Ltd turnover exceeds ￡8m
2005 – The business establishes a 40,000 sq ft factory within Chomutov, Czech Republic, which receives its BSI accreditation later in that same year.
Acquisition and growth
2007 – The Paragon Electronics Group acquire JJS Electronics Ltd